Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Revival and Tuesday's Tasty Tidbit

Blogging hasn't been all that interesting or easy the past few months, but with the summer coming, another year of D*Con around the corner, I am pupped up and ready to dive back into the awesomeness!

The last year has been a whirlwind of a new job and revamping a lot of what goes on in my life, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  I have made the transition from starting as a crossfitter and moving over into the world of powerlifting.  In addition, I've become more dedicated in my pursuit of roller derby. 

Roller derby has been an amazing addition to my life and helps to hold me over in the cosplay aspect ;)

I currently play for the Mid-Hudson Misfits as Death D.Lynn "Babs" and am loving the development I see within myself physically and mentally.  Derby has been a great cardio outlet given my lack of desire to be a runner overall.  Doing some of the runDisney events and other wonderful runs throughout the year is great and I love the awareness I raise for the people I run for, but on the daily basis, it isn't my cup of tea.  Playing for a WFTDA team is amazing, the goals are oriented around sisterhood and personal development as a skater and as a team.   With that being said, I've met some wonderful women that play derby across the nation, including at D*Con!  I'm actually pretty excited to have a run in with another derby girl who will be dressing up as Harley Quinn (jammer) and I'll be going as Batgilr (blocker), love it.


So yeah, not loving running... but one thing I do love, free shit... or some swag.  runDisney is amazing and I love the running events that I've been able to do with friends over the last year. 
The first round I completed this year was the runDisney Tinkerbell Weekend 10k and Half-Marathon... I like to make up for my lack of running in one fell swoop.  I spent the weekend running with my lovely friend Tink (aka. Tara).  We ran at 6am on Saturday and 5am on Sunday morning, 10k on Saturday and Half-Marathon on Sunday... talk about crazy!  There are some wonderful ladies that I met last year at D*Con who run Geek Girls Run.  I had the opportunity to catch up with them during both the Tinkerbell weekend and Princess Weekend when I went down to Disney World a month later to complete the second half of the Coast to Coast and Princess and a Pixie Challenges.  Below are 4 of my 6 medals that I earned for the 4 runs :) SEEEE check out that swag!!!!! Plus the tutu, who doesn't want to run in a tutu and be a princess for a day?

Talk about the amazing cosplay ideas that come up while watching people run... I went pretty light with these runs, it's all about comfort and dealing with running for 2 and a half hours in my case and possibly longer for others, so wig wearing... you might want to think about that one again.  Either way, there were some great outfits that I saw while I went running and that gave me some great ideas for future cosplay :)

So hey, I'm back on the scene and ready to get things going again!

In regard to the tasty tidbit this week... it's simple, keep hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment